Love your candle and love the environment? Then take advantage of our refill service and reuse your candle jars!
If you burn candles regularly, then this works out as awesome value. In order to get the best and safest candle for you, there are a few extra points you need to be aware of before ordering:
1. Mt. Eliza Candle Works will only refill our own glassware. You can choose from any of our current fragrances, it does not have to be the same as the original candle.
2. All glassware must be cleaned properly prior to being drooped off to us. If the glassware is not clean enough you will incur a cleaning fee which is to be paid before you pick up the order. Please see below for some cleaning tips.
3. Please allow an extra couple of days to complete order.
4. Refills must be paid for before order will commence.
5. Once you have placed your order, it is up to you to bring your jars to us. You can drop your empty (clean) jars to us in Mt. Eliza (you will receive an email with the address after we receive your order) at any time or at one of our many local markets, please make a note of your order number when you return them. We do not collect empty jars.
6. We will inspect all glassware when received and reserve the right to refuse to refill if we deem the glassware to be unsuitable or unsafe (for example if there are cracks or chips in it). If this is the case, you will be given the option of a refund or to upgrade your order to a new candle.
7. We will contact you when your order is ready for collection, or you can still opt for delivery at check out if this is easier for you.
Our candles are all handmade with professional grade soy wax. This allows our candles to have a long, clean burn, with a longer lasting scent to perfume your home and create a warm and welcoming environment.
At 170g, our regular classic candle has a burn time of approx 30-35 hours.
Our large candles are 280g, and have a burn time of approx. 45-50 hours.
A full description of our fragrances available can be found here.
Place your jar in an oven on a low temperature, wait for the remaining wax to soften and then dispose of. Wipe any excess wax off with a paper towel before cleaning with warm soapy water. Do not dispose of this water in the sink.
Alternatively, place jar in a bain-marie with water, once the wax softens dispose of as outlined above.